Oat & raisin cookies

I have made these Oat & raisin cookies many times but somehow forgot to put the oats in when I made them last night!

So I ended up with just Raisin cookies.

They tasted ok but you could tell that there was something missing!


unnamed (11)
Raisin Cookies


Fortunately, I realised as the first batch was cooking that it had happened, so I mixed oats last minute into the second batch.

I managed to salvage these and they turned out fine!

What a difference some oats make. These were completely different from my failed cookies.  They were so much better. The texture, the taste, everything. So delicious!


unnamed (14)
Oat & raisin cookies


unnamed (16)


These Oat & Raisin Cookies make a lovely, wholesome and comforting snack. I use the recipe from the hummingbird bakery cookbook (one of my favourite cookbooks).

These are Leigh’s second favourite cookies that I make (first being my Peanut butter and choc chip cookies). I’ve tried other cookie recipes but have found that these two are the best, so I stick to them. They always go down well with both his and my work colleagues. I made them last night for him to take into work today and wanted to share the recipe with you.


unnamed (13)2


Ingredients:

270g unsalted butter, at room temperature
160g caster sugar
160g soft dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
380g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
110g rolled oats
220g raisins


1381799_10151599664711793_132458589_n


Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
Prepare 4 baking trays lined with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the butter and sugars in a bowl and cream until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well
and scraping any unmixed ingredients down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition.
Turn the mixer down to low speed and beat in the vanilla extract.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
Add the oats and mix well.
Add this to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
Stir in the raisins with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed.
4. Arrange equal amounts of cookie dough (approx. 20) on the prepared baking trays.
Make sure that the cookies are spaced apart to allow for spreading while baking.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
Check them regularly to make sure they are not burning.
When you are happy that they are cooked through, remove from the oven
and leave to cool slightly on the trays before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.


1385276_10151599691671793_1880421694_n

Comments